[PLUG] USB-to-Serial Converter?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 29 00:46:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Yes, it does. However, when I plug in the PDA cable /var/log/messages
> showe the connection at both ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1. This I know know means
> ignore the even port number and use the odd port number. However, as soon as
> I click the sync button on the cable, the connection changes to USB2 and
> USB3. Jpilot doesn't like that. When it's port is set to /dev/tts/USB1, it
> does not communicate with the PDA, even if that's what /var/log/messages
> shows as the active port.

   Let me explain more.

   My fiancee has been sync'ing her PDAs to jpilot over a USB cable for
several years now. All this with the 2.4 series kernels; she's currently
running 2.4.33 on her ThinkPad 600E.

   I'm trying to sync on a box running the 2.6.19.2 kernel. I don't know if
that's the only meaningful difference, but it is the first thing I think
might cause the issues. There have been absolutely no issues sync'ing the
former PDAs via the serial port.