[PLUG] O'Reilly UG News--$100 pass to Ubuntu Live July 22-24

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Jun 29 16:16:55 UTC 2007

> O'Reilly is offering a special $100 pass for UG member to
> Ubuntu Live in Portland, Oregon on July 22-24.
>
> Use code "ubu07fvtw" when you register at:
> < http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/60/register.html >

I rearranged my schedule to attend.  A great deal at $100.  BTW,
remember that the "official" PLUG rule is that "if you say you're
a member, you're a member".  If anyone gets bureaucratic about it,
show them a PLUG business card (Dave and I will have some to pass
out at the next meeting).  I hope we get plenty of participation
from Free Geek people, too.  Has anyone arranged a tour of Free
Geek for Mark Shuttleworth?

BTW, this is quite a deal for us, but O'Reilly makes their money
from the $1000/seat folks, and those people are why we have a
conference to attend in the first place (thank you, thank you!).
It would be rude and counterproductive to make a big deal out of
this in front of those attendees - if we cause a stink, there will
be no $100 user group discounts next year.  So be thoughtful and
mature about this, and DON'T SCREW THIS UP!

See you all at Ubuntu Live.

Keith