[PLUG] Regaining Lost Sound

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 1 15:18:28 UTC 2007

   My reboot yesterday lost sound capabilities. While I wait for a reply to
my post to the alsa mail list, I hope someone here can explain why I cannot
load the snd_intel8x0.ko module.

[root at salmo /lib/modules/2.6.19.2/kernel/sound/pci]# modprobe
./snd-intel8x0.ko
FATAL: Module ./snd_intel8x0.ko not found.

   This module was built with the kernel, and I'm telling modprobe just where
it is, so why cannot modprobe find it?