[PLUG] Another Post-Reboot Issue: PostgreSQL

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 1 20:34:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Jon Scully wrote:

> Try adding, to the bottom of /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_hba.conf:
> local all all trust

Jon,

   Tom Lane identified the problem. The network socket in /tmp was owned by
root.root instead of by postgres.users.

   I learned that I could remove that file after stopping the postmaster, and
that it was recreated properly when the postmaster was restarted. That fixed
the problem. I had no idea that I could safely wipe out that socket file;
that's why I didn't touch it until told it was a good thing to do.

Thanks,