[PLUG] Need Help "SSH through VPN"

Jenifer Chung jeniferchu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:41:12 UTC 2007

Our network guy setup a VPN server. He setup the SSH connection icon for
every servers on the VPN web page. When click at "SSH to server" icon, VPN
will connect through SSH to that server. The problem is, none of Linux
servers can connect to SSH through VPN server. Other Unix servers (HP-UX,
Solaris, AIX...) are connecting fine SSH through VPN. When connecting SSH to
Linux (Suse, RedHat) servers from VPN, get this error "connecting to
connection closed".

Another problem, "pointing finger!" I told him, the problem is his VPN
setup. He told me, it is my Linux servers...blah, blah, blah...

My Linux servers are wide open for SSH. Is there anything there on my Linux
servers preventing SSH access through VPN server? Do I need to do anything
to allow SSH get through VPN server?

Thanks for your help.

Jenifer