[PLUG] OO.o With No Scroll Bars? -- SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 7 15:20:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I have not seen that particular problem, but I have seen a lot of other
> OOo problems. Most issues occur only on certain confgurations/distros.
> There is a bug tracker that you can search at openoffice.org:

   The problem is exactly as I suspected: the user apps theme selected within
Xfce. Of the half-dozen or so GUI apps that I regularly use, OO.o is the
only one where the vertical scroll bar fills the entire slot and refuses to
work. I just upgraded from -2.0.3 to -2.1.0 and there's no difference in
behavior.

   My solution is to change the theme when I need to use OO.o, then change it
back again when I'm finished.

   I want to see what the minimum Gnome-ish library requirements are for
AbiWord. Since the only part of OO.o that I ever use is the word processor,
123M+ of disk space is excessive. If AW can read/write .doc format, I'm
happy.