[PLUG] DST Sunday morning - Check your system, Win users beware

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Mar 8 22:06:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Wil Cooley wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 09:47 -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
>
>> If you don't get the right answer, you will need to do more research
>> on a cure; automated updates took care of this for me.
>
> The timezone files seem to be a reasonably stable binary format (at
> least, within the same bit-width), so you can update older systems by
> copying the appropriate timezone file (/usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific)
> to the older hosts.  I had to do this with an old Caldera OpenLinux
> (pre-mad-SCO disease) box and SuSE 9.1 box.

I have a set of instructions in my mail spool at home that shows how to
rebuild the timezone information based on the current tables.  If I
remember I will dig it out and post it here.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark