[PLUG] What could this mean?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 06:01:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:42:09 -0800
"drew wymore" <drew.wymore at gmail.com> dijo:

> As Mel mentioned udev is used to dynamically create devices in the /proc
> filesystem. AFAIK its only for 2.6 kernels but I may be wrong. I found
> exactly 1 hit on google after change a few parameters for the search based
> on your error message and its a post to an ubuntu forum about a similar but
> not exact udev problem
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ticket/3801

Yeah, I found this one earlier. Didn't offer any real help. Love the
final line:

Solution: Reformatted the Linux partition and reinstalled V6.06

LOL

> May be worthwhile checking into. Maybe udev was part of the upgrade packages
> you installed and there's a bug perhaps? It seems like to me from the text
> you posted that udev is unable to create a device node for something
> installed on the computer because it can't determine its device attributes
> but I could be completely wrong.

You're right. There were several packages upgraded, and the only one I
remember was Ktorrent. There must be a list of upgrades somewhere.
Changes to the repositories? Log file on my computer?