[PLUG] DST

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 11 21:57:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007, Terry Griffin wrote:

> If your computer was powered off at 2:00 AM *and* your hardware clock is
> set to local time instead of UTC, then it would have missed the change.
> The computer now thinks it is on PDT, but on boot-up it synced to the
> hardware clock which was still on PST.

   My PalmOS PDA is part of the cell phone. I just turned it on and the
display read 1:50pm. So, I put in in the sync cradle thinking that a hot
sync would get it up to date, but just connecting to the system via the
cradel was sufficient. I'm impressed.

   Of course, the dogs don't to time changes well. Their internal clocks are
quite accurate but they pay no attention to the silly political games we
humans play. Always takes them a week or so to sync back up.