[PLUG] DST warning

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Mar 12 14:39:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Terry Griffin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just discovered that crond on my (no longer supported) FC3 system
> is still on standard time. Everything else seems to be on daylight
> time. I don't have time to track it down at the moment but I thought
> I should warn you.

I have to maintain some long-dead distro versions (RH 7.2, RH 8, FC 3)
in order to keep some proprietary software running.

I just downloaded the raw updated zoneinfo files, ran them through
zic, and installed them over the rpm-installed files. crond needs to
be restarted to see the new files -- the same for syslogd and most
other daemons.

Yeah, manual file installation breaks rpm control, but these machines
are all on life support anyway...

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com