[PLUG] Gentoo

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 19:31:03 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:11:13 -0800
Aaron Ten Clay <aaron at madebyai.com> dijo:

> On Tuesday 13 March 2007 01:46, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > I want to try Gentoo amd64 version with a live/install CD. For the life
> > of me I cannot figure out which file to download:
> >
> > http://torrents.gentoo.org/
> >
> > None of the files seem to be .iso files. Nor can I find any
> > documentation that says the file is a live CD, an install CD, or both.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Looks like the torrent for the CD you want has no seeds. Try here instead:
>
> http://gentoo.osuosl.org/releases/amd64/2006.1/livecd/livecd-amd64-installer-2006.1.iso

Thanks. I found it mysefl by accident. Turns out the download link that
says livecd-amd64-installer-2006.1 is actuall a folder containing the
torrent, iso, and a couple more files I can't remember. It's all
dowloaded and burned to CD. Now I'm doing OpenSuse 10.2 amd64. However,
that will take all day because it comes only on DVD or multiple CDs. My
plan is to try Fedora also, and straight Debian amd64 once the current
beta is final.