[PLUG] Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 00:34:07 UTC 2007

This is a Thunderbird error message I get when I try to get messages
from my work e-mail service on my laptop. The situation is that they use
pop.secureserver.net for incoming e-mail to haskinsnw.com. As the new
kid on the block (I changed real estate companies), and the only one who
uses Thunderbird, I'm the first one to have this problem. Everyone else
uses "lookout" which apparently is not concerned with security problems
like this. My question is, can I somehow tell Thunderbird that this
mismatch is OK? Once I click on "OK" T-bird gets my messages. If I can't
tell T-bird to ignore this, I won't be able to have automatic checking
and retrieving enabled.

Here's the complete message:

Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch

You have attempted to establish a connection with "mail.haskinsnw.com".
However, the security certificate presented belongs to
"pop.secureserver.net". It is possible, though unlikely, that someone
may be trying to intercept your communication with this web site.

If you suspect the certificate shown does not belong to
"mail.haskinsnw.com', please cancel the connection and notify the site
administrator."

TIA

--
Regards,