[PLUG] Download Fedora Core 6?

Jason Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 00:50:23 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> I want a live/install CD or DVD of Fedora Core 6 amd64. The first
> problem is that this may not exist, but I can't be sure because there
> are no descriptions with the .iso images that I can find online for
> FC6. I can find them for amd64, but it never says if it is just an
> install .iso or if it is also a live CD or DVD.
>
> The second problem is that, assuming a live/install CD or DVD is
> available, where can I find it so it will download at a decent speed? I
> found an .iso at UofO OS labs, but it downloaded at 20K/s. Elsewhere I
> found a torrent of the same .iso, but it was no better. I got that kind
> of download speed five years ago with telephone dialup. It will take
> three days for a DVD at that rate.
>
> I don't want to install. I just want a live CD or DVD to check it out
> with. Does such exist and, if so, where is a good place to get it?

FC6 does not have an integrated live CD, this is planned for FC7 as I
understand it.  There is a separate live CD available at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/projects/live/, but
that'll probably take forever to download.

Try mirrors.kernel.org, I always get good download speeds from them.

Jason