[PLUG] Download Fedora Core 6?

Jason Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:01:38 UTC 2007

On 3/14/07, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:50:23 -0700
> "Jason Martin" <nsxfreddy at gmail.com> dijo:
>
> > > I don't want to install. I just want a live CD or DVD to check it out
> > > with. Does such exist and, if so, where is a good place to get it?
> >
> > FC6 does not have an integrated live CD, this is planned for FC7 as I
> > understand it.  There is a separate live CD available at
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/projects/live/, but
> > that'll probably take forever to download.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /me has written off FC6 and will wait for FC7.

By the way, just to back up that claim that FC7 will have live CDs,
take a look at this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/MustHave

Interestingly, they not only claim the install media will be live CDs,
but also they will have the tools/docs needed to spin your own custom
live CD in a snap.

Jason