[PLUG] Any advise re color laser printer. Xerox 85xx? HP?

RParr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Fri Mar 16 23:09:58 UTC 2007

I am interested in replacing my old Lexmark Optra laser printer with a
color laser printer.

It's primary job is a low-to-moderate amount of standard office printing
(duplex required) where reasonable cost per page is important.

I wanted to go with color because I also do a fair amount of
photographic/graphics printing but I do
I have an Epson 2000P inkjet I use now use for that.

I'd love tabloid size but that seems to bump the price way up.

I was looking at the Xerox 8550/DN (when the rebates had them available
for $499) or the newer 8560/DN which use the solid-ink technology.  They
seem to have a nice clean design and the solid-ink *seems* like a good idea.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these models?

I was also looking at the HP printers was worried I'd go broke buying
replacement cartridges for them.  Any experience with these (especially
the typical cost per page)

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts