[PLUG] Freegeek computers and support?

Dr. Terry L. Bonner doctorbonner at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 19:31:53 UTC 2007

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Support requires human attention, and that is rarely free.  We help
> each other out on this mailing list;  that means we give each other
> more than we get, though a few people here haven't figured that out
> yet. :-/   Help us, and we are more likely to help you.
>
> Keith

I must say that I am simply overwhelmed by the whole Freegeeks concept.
It is the Habitat For Humanity of the cyberworld, and I just wish I was
more adept and proficient at both the hardware and software end of
things, so that I could make a more substantial contribution to the
whole enterprise.

Most people don't realize just how life-altering a modest computer and
an internet connection can be for a kid starting out or a family on the
margin.  Thanks to the work Freegeeks does, every motivated young person
in the Portland metropolitan area has the opportunity to acquire his own
computer.

When you think about it, it is simply amazing. You guys can't be thanked
enough.

--
Terry

    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
        Douglas Adams
        English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)