[PLUG] Acroread Syntax Errors

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Mar 20 00:22:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>    For some reason, acroread left my notebook. I downloaded the latest
> version (7.0.9) from Adobe's site; it's now labeled as _enu_ rather than
> _en_; perhaps this refers to unicode support.
>
>    Anywho, I installed it on the notebook as always, but when I try to run it
> I get a continuing string of 'syntax error' messages. Since I've not before
> had any problems installing and running acroread, I'm at a loss what might
> have happened.
>
>    Suggestions and ideas welcome.

I recently ran into a similar situation. I don't remember the exact
error message, but if you post what happens when you try to run it from
the command line I might recognize the message. If it's the same error
message I have the solution. I'd post it but I'm lazy and I'd have to
spend five minutes to find it.