[PLUG] Acroread Syntax Errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 20 00:57:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, alan wrote:

> It is an error that is the result of Gtk moving from 2.x to 2.xx.

Alan,

   Sonofagun! So, upgrading gtk+2-2.8.0 to -2.10.0 breaks acroread? Wow!

   I have version 7.0.1 on my main box and that works just fine. So it must
be related to the acroread version because the one available for download
from Adobe is 7.0.9.

   No solution, eh? That's more than a major PITA since a simple ctrl-l puts
acroread into full screen mode which is ideal for illustrating a talk with a
file of pdf slides.

   Does this mean that acroread on linux will no longer work, or might Adobe
come up with a fix?