[PLUG] Freegeek computers and support?

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Tue Mar 20 06:30:41 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> We help
> each other out on this mailing list;  that means we give each other
> more than we get, though a few people here haven't figured that out
> yet. :-/

Something I figured out working with the PHP project was that the
vast number of "information leechers" really didn't know how to be
useful, yet, and the vast number of greybeards were often tired of
repeating themselves. The middle-ware, the middle tier, is the folks
who are frequently active, can bridge reading archives and teaching
newbies, and are really good at understanding both guru *and*
apprentice work.

It's not always a common set of skills, and (IMNSHO) the only way to
really learn "it" (or I.T., for that matter?)  is to become a humble
apprentice, and masterful guru, at the same time. And clap with one
hand, of course. :)

(Masters who are not apprentices need not apply.)

-Ronabop