[PLUG] Ubuntu only displays on external monitor port of laptop - SOLVED

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Tue Mar 20 15:02:01 UTC 2007

It appears as though X wants to use the ati driver for my chipset by
default, when radeon was the correct choice.  I found a good page that
listed all the valid options and values for that driver.  By changing to
that, /and/ setting some options for the second display properly I am
now able to use Ubuntu in accelerated mode on my laptop.  I don't have
the page handy or my xorg.conf file available, but if anyone is
interested let me know and I will post those tidbits.

--
- m0gely