[PLUG] Freegeek computers and support?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Mar 20 16:06:30 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 10:12:12AM -0500, Robert Citek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I sent these questions to {info,sales}@freegeek.org, but thought people
> here might know the answer,too.
>
> I noticed that one can obtain a Linux computer (FreekBox) by either
> volunteering for the Build Program or the Adopt a Computer program.  Can
> one also purchase a FreekBox?  If so, do they come with support?

At the store, you can get a computer that's a little lower-spec than a
Freekbox for $25-$70 or one that's quite a bit nicer for $150-$250.

You can also buy laptops sometimes.  Thursdays are best for that.

The computers come with a coupon for a single support incident.  I think
you can buy more coupons if you want.  If you install Windows, you're on
your own.

You can get a 50% discount on store purchases if you volunteer for a few
hours.  There's always things to wash or stuff to recycle.

Store hours are 11-7 Tue-Sat.