[PLUG] BIOS, Raid 1 and Confusion

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Mar 23 15:27:50 UTC 2007

Jason Martin wrote:
> Most likely you could achieve the results you want with Linux's
> built-in software raid.  Many distros are starting to support
> installing to software raid partitions now.  Software raid does not
> require support from hardware.

I'll second this.  Beware of fakeraid.  Even if you get it
running, I can almost guarantee you will regret it later.
Think about it.  Do you trust the BIOS/motherboard vendor
to be responsible for the integrity of your filesystem?
Linux software raid is likely to be faster as well as more
reliable.  The only downside I can see is that it might create
some issues were you to want to create a dual boot system.

galen