[PLUG] Re: printer won't print PDF's (resolved)

donkjunk at softhome.net donkjunk at softhome.net
Wed Mar 28 15:53:01 UTC 2007

I am using ubuntu 6.10 and am printing using cups with the foomatic
gutenprint driver. The garbage does look like a translation issue because I
can read some of it and it looks like file formatting/data. Anyways, I
figured out a workaround though I'm still not 100% certain what's going on.
I found out that some (but not all) PDF's downloaded from the internet do
this and it only happens when I print "all" pages. If I specify a print
range it prints without any issues (even if that range happens to be every
page in the file). This works for files I only plan on using once. For files
I need to use multiple times I simply print the entire range to PDF which
creates a PDF that can print all. Strangely enough printing to PDF requires
specifying a range as printing all pages to PDF just makes a corrupt PDF.

Message: 3