[PLUG] DST warning

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 17:13:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:37:23 -0700
"Ali Corbin" <ali.corbin at gmail.com> dijo:

> The ctime() function reads time zone information once and stores it
> in static variables.  So, if you start a program, the program calls
> ctime(), then you change the zoneinfo files, say by loading a patch,
> then the program calls ctime() again, the second call to
> ctime() will use the same zoneinfo that it used the first time.
>
> Again, this was on an archaic distro.  ctime() may have been fixed
> to re-check tz info in the meantime.

On Fedora 7 test2 whatever fix was used ended up breaking it. I can't
get the time zone setting to stick. No matter what time zoneI set it to
it stubbornly insists that I am in London. The only way to get it to
show the correct time is to turn off internet time and set the time
manually on the clock to whatever it is here in Portland.

I started out with even bigger problems -- the clock was running double
speed on my new AMD64/2 4600 computer. I finally found a fix -- add
"noapic nolapic" to the kernel line in menu.lst. Not only did that fix
the clock, but double-clicking with the mouse now works too.

Back to trying to figure out NFS.