[PLUG] KGW Video?

General Linux/UNIX discussion and help, civil and on-topic "GeneralLinux/UNIXdiscussionandhelp, plug" at lists.pdxlinux.org
Fri Mar 16 14:52:35 UTC 2007

Steve D... wrote:
>  The site FAQ is very clear that the site is set up for Windows Media
> Player.  Has anyone managed to get it working on Linux?

It "works" for me, here's how: I use adblock with the option to turn on
the adblock tabs for all <object> tags, right clicking on these tags
will allow me to "copy link location".  On the KGW video popup window
they've embedded the video in an iframe but I can see 1 pixel of the
adblock object tab which is enough to right click on, copy the link,
middle click and paste it into the same window.  Since they seem to
transmit the proper mime type firefox knows to open it up in VLC which
plays it just fine.

--Brent