[PLUG] Starting a Shell Script from Konqueror's File Browser

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 05:22:34 UTC 2007

# from Richard C. Steffens
# on Wednesday 28 March 2007 03:21 pm:

>It might be trying to work when I left-click. It may be that there is
> a different problem. Here's what I've done so far. The script, named
> convert-640, is as follows:

>--- #!/bin/bash
>for i in *jpg;
>do
>convert -size 640x640 -resize 640x640 $i 640/`basename $i
> .jpg`-640.jpg; done

Pretty sure the pwd is ~ there.  That's just how kde does it.  Try cd
$(dirname $0) or so if you want, but maybe better to just add an action
to konqueror that lets you right-click on a directory and say "open
with shrink_jpg" at which point the script would get an argument which
is the absolute path to a directory.

--Eric
--
[...proprietary software is better than gpl because...] "There is value
in having somebody you can write checks to, and they fix bugs."