[PLUG] Superblock problem -- Somewhat resolved

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Wed May 2 22:34:35 UTC 2007

William A Morita wrote:
> Being puzzled with my results from e2fsck I began poking around in the
> "recovery" shell that I was repeatedly forced into at boot.
> First discovery, /etc/fstab had been blasted -- I recovered from a fstab~
> file.
> This still did not solve the boot problem.
> On a lark I attempted to run emacs ... It RAN!.
> I then did a "mount -a" and everything mounted except /boot.
> I then tried "init 3" and finally "init 5".
> The system came up all the way!
> I am still not clear on what is broken, but I will begin backing up things
> immediately.
> I wish Centos 5 or Scientific Linux 5 was already out ... I would convert
> now.

You must have missed the announcement.
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2007-April/013660.html

[CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS-5 i386 and x86_64
Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Thu Apr 12 22:36:44 UTC 2007

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of CentOS-5 for
the i386 and x86_64 Architectures.

galen