[PLUG] Eye candy Web pages

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:12:24 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com> wrote:
> I'm updating some web sites so they don't look like
> they were designed by an oaf with no eye for style (me).
> For the BizNix site, for example, I'd like something that
> scrolls words and phrases in some sexy way. If you look
> at the main page (http://biznix.org/) now, I have a
> Javascript text scroller that minimally does the job.
> It doesn't look great.

Just because I can't resist...

Does the site really have a problem that's solved by animation?
Movement is generally a bad thing, unless you really want your users
to be focused on the moving stuff.  (is a scrolling marquee really
that much different from a blink tag?)

Apologies for not providing references, I'm a bit short on time at the moment.

--Rogan