[PLUG] No Sound

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 7 20:14:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Richard C. Steffens wrote:

> I've checked to be sure output isn't muted in KMix, and that level
> controls are somewhere other than all the way down. I've also checked to
> make sure the speakers are turned on, and plugged in to the correct output
> jack on the back of the card.

Dick,

   If you wander over to www.alsasound.org, head to the wiki and the
troubleshooting page. It has a sequence of steps to be followed. They work.

   For instance, do you have your card in /proc/asound/cards? Can you run
alsamixer?

   I almost had that page memorized while getting sound to work on the
workstation/server and the two portables. :-)