[PLUG] FreeBSD

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Mon May 7 23:26:44 UTC 2007

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2007 12:26:44 -0700
> "User Iam" <vramnum10 at gmail.com> dijo:
>
>> How do I determine what nics are in the box..???
>>
>> In Linux I would use lspci...
>>
>> Doesn't seem to be in FreeBSDj...
>
> is FreeBSD one of those OSs that doesn't provide a path to important
> commands like lspci? Try "locate lspci" and if it shows up, give the
> command including the path.

It also appears that pciutils (containing lspci) is installed in ports.

cd /usr/ports/sysutils/pciutils
make
make install
lspci

Haven't tried this though. YMMV.

I'm supporting production FreeBSD environments now.  It's been a
fun/interesting/frustrating journey for a 10 year Debian user.

After using FreeBSD, one feels lazy and well cared for while using
Debian (which is great, don't get me wrong).

--
I'm just a packet pusher.