[PLUG] Storing and Restoring Alsamixer settings

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue May 8 00:55:39 UTC 2007

I found this instruction at:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/Using_alsactl_to_preserve_volume_state

I realize I need to restore the settings when the sound driver is
loaded, such as at boot time. Here is what is said:

   # load/unload the volume settings on startup/shutdown
   post-install snd-driver-name /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
   pre-remove snd-driver-name /usr/sbin/alsactl store

That's great. But, what do I put in place of snd-driver-name? There are
several drivers listed with lsmod that begin with snd. The one that
seems most obvious is snd-mixer-oss, but that's just a guess.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens