[PLUG] Victor needs help compiling emacs from source on unbuntu 6.06

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue May 8 20:02:41 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Victor" == Victor Soich <vsoich at gmail.com> writes:

Victor> [...] I think I installed the newer version of ncurses as I
Victor> indicated earlier, but I don't know how to make sure the
Victor> linker can find it.  I'm not sure what the linker is.  It's
Victor> probably what happens when I type in ./configure, or make, or
Victor> sudo make install, but I'm just not sure.

Victor> Hopefully, I've done enough due diligence as indicated in the
Victor> above descriptions as to merit help in getting emacs compiled
Victor> from source and running on my machine.  Please help!

Look carefully at the messages generated during the ./configure stage.
It should give you some clues about what it finds and what it doesn't.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net