[PLUG] Gaim fails if automatically loaded.

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed May 9 05:01:14 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Denis Heidtmann <denish at dslnorthwest.net> wrote:

> If Gaim is automatically run by KDE during boot, any attempt to use it
> causes it
> go instantly close.  (My standard test is to right click on an entry in
> the
> buddy list.) Top shows Gaim as running when the session starts, but it
> goes away
> when I perform the right click. Restarting Gaim from the K menu works
> fine, and
> no more problems occur during that session.

Disclaimer: I'm not a KDE user, so this idea may be totally wrong

I've seen problems similar to happen when a program starts to early in
session initialization and some of the environment variables and whatnot
that it is expecting to see haven't been setup yet. Granted this was on
Gnome, and a _long_ time ago. But, you might want to see if you can have it
start later in the session setup and see if that helps. As I said though, I
don't even know if KDE has a mechanism to do this, but I would assume that
they do...

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-