[PLUG] SATA II, mdadm and soft power off

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue May 15 16:53:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 09:31:30 -0700
"William A Morita" <wamorita at hevanet.com> dijo:

> I suspect that the DOS is simulating a disk in memory.
> That disk image is copied from the stick.
> If you want to access your flash files, I suggest you copy it into the DOS
> image on your stick.
> That way when it copies into memory, it will have your files with it.

Looking at the USB stick with Nautilus there is a "file fdodin91.img"
which I assume is the DOS image file. But it is just a file, not a
directory. What you say makes sense, but I can't figure out how to copy
the files to the image. There are three other files visible in Nautilus
that I know have something to do with FreeDOS -- ldinux.sys, memdisk
and syslinux.cfg. Do I need to open the .img file somehow?