[PLUG] SATA II, mdadm and soft power off

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue May 15 17:52:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 10:22:26 -0700
"Larry Brigman" <larry.brigman at gmail.com> dijo:

> > > So to see the files on the USB drive, enter 'cd c:', or just 'c:' to
> > > change your working directory, then enter 'dir'.
> >
> > Well, that sounds simple enough! However, it didn't work.
> >
> > A:\> c:
> > Invalid drive C:.
> > A:\> cd c:
> > Drive C: not responding
> >

> My last experience it was x:

A:\> x:
Drive X: not responding
A:\> b:
B:\>

Heheheheh. There are, after all, only 26 letters that DOS knows
about. :)

Thanks all. Le BIOS est flashé.

Having done so, I found that Feisty now booted without a problem.
Holding my breath I created /dev/md3 of 238 GB. Mdadm is syncing it as
I write this. In the past I would get a power off after anywhere from a
few seconds to maybe 30 minutes max. It has now run for ten minutes and
it will probably take an hour and a half or so to finish. So everyone
cross your fingers for me. :)