[PLUG] Bug-tracking software.

Kenneth B. Hill ken at scottshill.com
Wed May 16 15:49:32 UTC 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 10:09 PM, Ronald Chmara wrote:

> On May 15, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Rogan Creswick wrote:

>>> *software* to a

>>> Sometimes the process gets overdone.
>>
>> The last company I worked for had nothing but process for reporting
>> bugs.  To give a bit of context, I was working in a cube less than
>> 15'
>> from the data entry people who used the application I was writing,
>> when they found a bug, this is what happened:
>
> Oh dear. This *really* belongs here:
> http://worsethanfailure.com/Default.aspx
>
> Process is not a replacement for sanity, or rational thought... and
> the fix to a broken process is *not* to keep adding steps until
> it's so franken-horrid that the whole process itself is rejected...
> unless rejection is the desired end-goal, of course. :)

I believe a commitment to bug tracking process is the 'key' point. A
bug tracking application is just like any database application. All
participants using the bug tracking application must be committed to
using it and keeping the information updated. This is were good
project management is necessary.