Resolved: [PLUG] MySQL - Can't connect except as root

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri May 18 03:42:47 UTC 2007

Aaron Ten Clay wrote:

> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but in all my years of MySQL usage I've never
> gotten a user to connect from localhost when their host setting was a
> wildcard. They could connect from elsewhere, but not locally. I've solved
> this by adding a second user row with host 'localhost'.
>
> I.E. "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'bookorama'@'localhost'* *IDENTIFIED
> BY 'some_pass';" as suggested by Drew.

That (mostly) worked. I'm not sure what the "* *" just before
"IDENTIFIED" is, and with that in I get an error message. So I just took
them out and it worked. Then, as recommended by Tim, I flushed the
privileges. Now I can connect with the MySQL Monitor.

Thanks to all who responded.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens