[PLUG] Linux distro curiosity...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed May 23 06:24:12 UTC 2007

Anyone familiar with:

Devil-Linux

OpenNA Linux

or Gibraltar Firewall?

Back in the Redhat 6.2 days, I used a free pdf book from openna to learn
how to set up a server.

I read a lot about: Ubuntu, Knoppix, Gentoo, and Fedora on here, but not so
much about the above three mentioned distributions on this list.

I'm not so sure that I'm thrilled with the idea of releasing my own Linux
distribution instead of teaching people how to secure one that is more
mainstream.  Evidently, Gibraltar is not free.

I've been using mostly CentOS and Fedora with a smattering of Slackware as
well.  Mondo backup works really well with CentOS 5.  I have not tried
Fedora Core 6 or Fedora 7 as I feel like moving away from Fedora in general.

      --  Michael C. Robinson