[PLUG] Belkin KVM

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:16:22 UTC 2007

# from M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
# on Thursday 24 May 2007 09:27 pm:

>I have the cheap two-machine
>one and all I know is two scroll-locks in rapid succession followed by
>an up-arrow or a down-arrow.

With the 4-up, you can use the 1234 keys.  I haven't tried the arrows.

>By the way, for some reason, that also
>disables the scroll wheel on the mouse and takes a reboot to get it
>back. I never have figured out how to fix that -- if someone knows,
>please share. ;)

IIRC, you

  sudo perl -e 'print chr(255)' > /dev/mouse

Or thereabouts to reset it.  I had an suid compiled C program that did
roughly that, but now I don't know where the source went.  It might
take more than one byte -- I seem to remember it quit working at one
kernel version but I've long since lost my patience with belkin and
quit using it.

Google seems to think you should read the 3-button mouse howto or
something.

--Eric
--
Minimum wage help gives you minimum service.
--David Schomer