[PLUG] Network Printer Debugging

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri May 25 21:51:13 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Martin <nsxfreddy at gmail.com> writes:

Russell> One other possibility that just occurred to me would be for
Russell> the third machine to have two ethernet ports bridged
Russell> together.  Insert the machine in the path between the
Russell> end-points somewhere, [...]

Galen> I think someone's been hacking too many wireless access points.

Jason> No kidding.  Bridging would work, but I think it would be
Jason> easier to just run wireshark/ethereal on the XP machine.

Just wanted to share an alternative I hadn't seen mentioned before.
The bonus is not having to touch the windows machine.

And, btw, USB ethernet devices would make this pretty easy.

--
Russell Senior, Secretary
russell at personaltelco.net