[PLUG] Posting history crisis...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun May 27 08:34:02 UTC 2007

I have been accused of encouraging cyber crime against a
particular individual by what I've posted here on the
plug list.

I've gone by someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com in the past.

One posting that upsets this person asked the question,
"Is there a weakness in the iBook that allows someone to
hack DNS packets easily?"  I asked this to find a way to
plug a possible hole, not to encourage another attack
of his/her laptop.

Another post has come back to me with an accusation that I
ticked off Opus interactive asking if there could be a
renegade dns server inside their network.  An argument has
been pressed that Opus requested a recent subnet change for
the service I go through as a result of my postings here.

Considering that Opus's policy for abuse is termination of
Internet service, I seriously doubt that the subnet change
had anything to do with upsetting my ISP.  I was told
there is a new organizational system and a need to reduce
the spread of static subnet assignments across their IP
space.  I accept this explanation for Opus making the
change it did and I believe it to be the whole truth.

Is there any chance of having email postings of mine that
are likely to feed future paranoid accusations expunged from
the plug archives?  I really care about this person where
removal is probably the easiest way to address the recent
difficulty between us.  A 100+ meg file is an awful lot to
review...  If only I were a perl expert...

I don't know of a single post to this list that could be
legitimately labeled the XYZ instructions to cyber attack
someone.

For those who read this, please refrain from gossiping about
who my critic is.  That will only make matters worse most
likely.  I ask if you feel you know who it is that you
keep the peron's name to yourself and not share it ;-)

  --  Michael C. Robinson