[PLUG] Feisty freeze-ups solved

Bruce KIlpatrick bakil_win at verizon.net
Mon May 28 23:25:03 UTC 2007

I recently posted about Feisty-freezeups on my Toshiba laptop.  Drew
thought the problem sounded very like one he had with the Wifi drivers
for an Atheros card he had.

The problem turned out to be one related to the boot up error I was
getting and couldn't remember when I posted to the list.  The error was
*"MP*-*BIOS bug*: *8254* timer not connected to IO-APIC".

Adding noapic to the boot options took care of the problem.  I should
have noted the obvious error before I jumped to conclusions.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce