[PLUG] Serial <> Ethernet bridging.

Russell Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed May 30 06:08:28 UTC 2007

I have a digi etherlite 32. Basically, it has one ethernet port, and 32
serial ports.

It requires drivers that make it appear as 32 additional serial ports to
the system the drivers are installed on.

I would like to find some bridge that allows me to assign a tcp/ip port
to list on, and that connection would look at the designated serial port.

Maybe I'm making this too complicated and I just need to configure
*getty, but my understanding is that's for going the other way. i.e. the
serial port connects to the linux box, and getty handles the serial port
part. I want to "telnet" to a designated tcp/ip port, and have that
ethernet connection redirected through the designated com port.

I've done some googling, but nothing appears to be what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Russ