[PLUG] Serial <> Ethernet bridging.

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed May 30 15:01:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Russell Johnson wrote:

> I have a digi etherlite 32. Basically, it has one ethernet port, and
> 32 serial ports.
>
> It requires drivers that make it appear as 32 additional serial
> ports to the system the drivers are installed on.

Good luck. We successfully used the SCSI version of that product out
at OGI, but the etherlite's always seemed flaky under Linux, and Digi
isn't always superb at updating drivers...

> I would like to find some bridge that allows me to assign a tcp/ip
> port to list on, and that connection would look at the designated
> serial port.

Assuming you've got the Digi drivers installed and working,
www.conserver.com is the software you'll want to use to interact with
the serial consoles.