[PLUG] LAMP Platform Updating Problems

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Thu May 31 18:00:20 UTC 2007

Kenneth B. Hill wrote:
> I can confirm your comment about PHP being a version nightmare. When we
> test an update to PHP on a QA box/server and then deploy the update to
> the Production box/server, we still experience problems/new-bugs in the
> application. My development team refers to these problems as "regression

It sounds like your QA box is different than your production box in ways
your developers don't account for or the configuration files from
machine to machine aren't getting moved over.  PHP has changed a default
configuration values from version to version but if you have your
php.ini file (or whatever configuration files you use) configured with
the values your application requires that shouldn't be a problem.

--Brent