[PLUG] Mounting SATA Optical Drive

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 5 14:02:13 UTC 2007

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, Dan Young wrote:

> My SATA DVD-RW is at /dev/sr0.

Dan,

   I don't have /dev/sr0. The only /dev/s* are /dev/sg0, /dev/st0a,
/dev/st0m, /dev/st0, /dev/st0l, and the sound/snd devices.

> Does 'lshal' tell you anything interesting?

   Yes. Apparently HAL isn't home on this Slackware-11.0 box:

[root at salmo ~]# lshal
error: dbus_bus_get: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to
connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or director

or, I don't have dbus properly set up.

   Perhaps I should upgrade to Slackware-12.0 before looking for /dev/sr0.

Thanks,