[PLUG] Backups <again>

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 17:16:24 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 9:42 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> My backup requirements are not the same as most Linux users. I create new data that I don't want to lose maybe once a week, sometimes less often.
___________________

I have similar needs.

Approximately once a month, or whenever I think about it, I insert my
backup hard drive in the cartridge and run a backup script that uses
rsync to backup the mutable directories to it.

That's on my old computer.  I just bought a replacement, and am
seriously considering _not_ moving the backup cartridge to it.  I was
thinking of buying an external usb drive to use for a backup instead.
But now I'm wondering if a flash drive might be good enough for my
needs.

Ali