[PLUG] nominations for cheapest, smallest, lowest-power usb device

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Nov 16 00:23:17 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> writes:

Michael> So you're interested in J Random USB device?  Or do you have
Michael> some use for the beast in mind?

Russell> The use is strictly the presence or absense of the vendor id
Russell> on the usb bus.  so it doesn't have to do anything beyond
Russell> that.  I have a little usb-ethernet adapter, but it is larger
Russell> than i'd like.  I have been using a dlink dbt-120, which is
Russell> small and works, but ... looking for something smaller and if
Russell> possible something that *can't* radiate in 2.4 GHz rather
Russell> than just *doesn't* (in the context of its current use).

This might well fit the bill:

  http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Tiny-USB-IRDA-Dongle-Adapter-Receiver-New_W0QQitemZ190117683527QQihZ009QQcategoryZ44961QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tiny, irda, and very cheap.

--