[PLUG] best php/mysql web host?

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Wed Nov 21 20:58:46 UTC 2007

> Site5 looks super neat!  Thanks!  They have Ruby on Rails too - maybe I
> can convince my cohort to eschew PHP in favor of Ruby.

I'd go to webhostingtalk.com and plug in the names of the hosts you're
considering into their forum search engine.  Nearly every host has
somebody with a horror story so take what you read with a grain of salt,
one bad review isn't exactly a show stopper but hundreds should steer
you away.

Also, it's been my universal experience that any plan which costs
<=$10/month and offers storage measuring in the 10's of gigabytes and
bandwidth in multi terabyte sizes *will* suck.

--Brent