[PLUG] best php/mysql web host?

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Thu Nov 22 05:30:27 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Carlos Konstanski wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for a PHP/mysql web hosting
> service that uses PHP 5 and mysql 5, or a PHP/postgres web host using
> postgres 8.2.4?

PHP 5.2+ project:
http://www.gophp5.org/hosts

And as far as getting "PHP 5.1.x" hosting (currently being deployed
with CentOS/RHEL), that's not too bad, as long as you don't, uhm, use
array-related calls, but most PHP code does.

I'm partial to pair.com, myself, but they're still using mysql 5
<insert flame war here> for their low-end hosting.

Reflecting other's posts, "unlimited bandwidth" generally means "we
don't bill you for it, but there's a definite cap". Otherwise yahoo,
google, akamai, etc. would all be hosting there, and getting a few
million dollars worth of bandwidth per month for free.

-Bop